As sUAS become more common, generating quality data products is critical to fully exploiting the technology. This introductory data processing course focuses on collecting quality still imagery with a sUAS for precision mapping and vegetation analysis.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This three day course includes academics, a live data capturing mission, and hands-on practice working with sUAS collected imagery. Attendees will be able to:
- Understand imaging sensors, camera settings, the electromagnetic spectrum, and camera modifications
- Understand mission specific planning pertaining to precision mapping and vegetation analysis
- Understand implementing ground control points and other means of spatial control.
- Process data related to precision mapping and vegetation analysis
- Recognize advantages of the Agisoft Photoscan, Pix4DMapper, and ArcGIS software
A January 2018 date will be announced soon!
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
Location: Kansas State Polytechnic, Salina, Kansas
Fee includes course instruction and materials, live data capturing mission, and access to data and image processing software.
DISCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION FEE SCHOLARSHIP
A discounted rate is offered for companies sending multiple attendees. Discounts are tied to number of attendees as follows:
Number of registrants Available discount Total price
3 registrants per company 1 registration 50% off $1,500
4 registrants per company 1 registration free $1,800
For companies sending more than four employees, discounts will be applied in the same increments as indicated above.
A discounted registration rate of $300 is offered to current students and higher education faculty and staff. To be eligible for the academia discount, individuals should complete a scholarship application form and submit proof of their involvement in academia by the registration deadline. Download the application form for additional details on how to apply.
Please contact Professional Education and Outreach at email@example.com or call our toll free number at 855-552-0079.